Thursday, January 3, 2013

New year in London...!!!!!!!!!!! - My experience

London a busy city glitters on New year's eve.

Wowwwwwww is the word. Unforgettable experience.
I celebrated my last new year @Edinburgh. It is called Hogmanay Festival in Edinburgh. It is a street festival.This year I was sure to see the fireworks @London.

But I was little skeptical to travel on New year's eve as I was thinking how to return back. I know it will be crowded. I was not sure about the transportation during night.

After reaching London on 31st I enquired the travel information center and they told that there is 24 hrs transport services available in the event of New year. I was thrilled.

The better fireworks viewpoints are Embankment, Waterloo, Westminster. 
I started around 7 in the evening from my hotel and reached London Embankment station. I stepped out of the tube and saw my watch, It showed 8:15 PM. I could see hell a lot of crowd. Decorations everywhere. The people are going crazy. All were screaming. Finally I reached the view point after being dragged here and there(as there were some diversions). There, I could see the London eye at the left and big ben clock at my right. Alrite just 3 more hours to see the fireworks.

I was trying to push the time forward, I saw my watch again, It showed 9 PM I started feeling tired. My legs started to ache. I was longing for a seat to sit down but no way you can think of sitting, it was heavily crowded. The DJ started playing some wowwieee songs with beats. Everyone around me started dancing.

Around 11:55 I had no strength left to stand, that is when the DJ announced that he is gonna start the countdown. @11:59 the countdown started, we all screamed. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.. ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Happy New Year....

Fireworks all over in the sky. It was a delight to watch. The fireworks went till 12:20 and around 12:30, the crowd started to move towards Embankment station, To my surprise, it was a fast moving crowd and within half hour I reacehd the station, and I boarded the first train to my hotel :O. The tube system in London is superb. Well planned. It was free travel for everyone that night. Reached the hotel around 2:30 AM not bad :D.

Unforgettable experience. Welcome 2013. God bless us all. Wishing you all a ver Happy New Year. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment